EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] "Configuring Distinct Input Forms for Multiple Archives in Shared Hosting Setup"

Hi Sudharsan,

If you have multiple archives that need different input forms (referred to as workflows in EPrints).  Then you need to create the following directory path under each archive and then copy the generic default workflow for items (eprints):

cd EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_ID
mkdir - p cfg/workflows/eprint/
cp EPRINTS_PATH/flavours/pub_lib/workflows/eprint/default.xml cfg/workflows/eprint/

You can then start editing the file EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_IDcfg/workflows/eprint/default.xml allowing you to have a different one for each archive.  However, as these files are new the webserver will not have then loaded so will not update them when they change.  So once you have all these workflow files in place be sure to test that everything is OK a reload Apache:

EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin test
apachectl graceful

Then you should be able to make changes to the workflow and as soon as you save them, if you reload the form you should see the changes you have made.  However, if you do not it is a good idea to repeat the above to make sure nothing is wrong and be 100% sure the changes have been loaded.  Also the xmllint command [1] is useful to check that (XML) workflow files are syntactically correct.

Regards

David Newman

[1] https://helpmanual.io/help/xmllint/