EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] Record not showing in search data

The versioning story for versioning in Eprints needs some love. For example delete an item between the chain will break it. Also new versions retains some IDs like the DOI that will then point to the older version. Not an easy task (it is a local policy) because everyone has its own idea of versions from "I always want to see the latest and greatest" to "the first is the official one I wrote in the paper". The same for the search, from "want to see everything" to "show only the latest". Add this with status (inbox, archive) and visibility and it can be very tricky. Documentation and user training can help.