EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

RE: [EP-tech] LDAP/LDAPS

Hi James,
Is the 'ldap_hostname' different between your two servers?

I think the 'ldaps' prefix should result in the Net::LDAP module using the correct (secure) port – a bit like http vs https (port 80 vs. 443).

You can also set it explicitly:
your.ldap.host:389 (default, not secure)
your.ldap.host:636 (secure = ldaps)

More details here: https://metacpan.org/dist/perl-ldap/view/lib/Net/LDAP.pod#new-(-HOST,-OPTIONS-)