EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

[EP-tech] Conditional EPrints Field Names based on Eprint Type

Hi All,

We're sprucing up the repository, which is awful news for me.

I need to alter how certain field names are rendered, depending on the EPrint type.

For example, if an item is an Article type I want the abstract to continue to be rendered as "Abstract". For report I want the Abstract to be rendered as "Executive Summary". That sort of thing. I can do this easily enough using epc:if in the summary_page.xml citation, but I want the field names to be consistent in the Details screen where my team log in.

Ideally I would do something in cfg.d, but I think it's going to be more involved than that. I'm aware I could simply conditionally map this in the crosswalks, but I'm trying to limit the number of new fields I create because we already have a lot.

Is there a way I should go about this? Looking at Details.pm I can see a "render_name" sub being called. I THINK the version of this I need to alter might be in MetaField.pm, but I'm really not sure.

Does anyone know if this would be possible and where I should start with it? I'm not looking for a fully flushed out solution, just some direction.

Thanks,
James