EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] Xapian search issue

Hi Lee,

It looks to me as though you may not have Search::Xapian Perl library installed.  On RHEL 8, you will need the YUM/DNF package perl-Search-Xapian.  However, I have noted that on Rocky Linux 8, I have installed through CPAN, even though the YUM/DNF package is available.  (I cannot remember why I did that, it could have been that the YUM/DNF package was not available at the time).  I think either should work, so maybe try the YUM/DNF package first and if that does not work uninstall and install through CPAN. (I would advise running CPAN this as the root user to avoid potential path issues).

I have version 1.2.25.4 of Search::Xapian installed and I can see reference to DB_CREATE_OR_OPEN, so I think it is likely the whole of Search::Xapian is missing rather than this specific subroutine.

Another issue if you already have Search::Xapian installed might be that the path that the Xapian index will be created under does not have correct permission to create a subdirectory / files underneath that.  The Xapian indexer will be added with the directory name xapian under the EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_ID/var/ directory.  My var directory has user:group eprints:eprints and has permissions drwxrwsr-x. (i.e. 2775) but 2770 or even 2700 should also be fine if you are running Apache under the eprints user (for the latter) or have apache in the eprints Unix group.  I am also running SELinux and have the following context for the var directory:

unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0

Regards

David Newman