EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] HTTPS only setup back to http

Hi Zen,

Assuming you are running EPrints 3.4.1 or greater, follow the instructions at:

https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Simplified_HTTPS_Configuration

This will make sure you have the correct settings for the four main variables: $c->{host}, $c->{port}, $c->{securehost} and $c->{secureport}.  I would also check that you have not hard-coded either $c->{http_url} or $c->{http_cgiurl} to use https URLs in any configuration file in your archive's cfg/cfg.d/ directory.

Once you have that configured and checked you will need regenerate your Apache config, refresh all browse views and abstract pages along with all static pages.  I would advise this set of commands start with a test first to make sure there are no issues with your config changes:

EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin test
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/generate_apacheconf --system --replace
apachectl configtest (possibly apache2ctl configtest)
apachectl restart (possibly apache2ctl restart)
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin ARCHIVE_ID refresh_views
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin ARCHIVE_ID refresh_abstracts
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/generate_static ARCHIVE_ID

There is a high likelihood that the apachectl configtest command will throw up and error about a missing config file.  You will need to find where you include the archive's securevhost.conf under /etc/httpd/ (Red Hat) or /etc/apache2/ and comment out or remove this line.  It is not that securevhost.conf will have disappeared but a config file it includes will have done as a result of running generate_apacheconf.

I think doing all that should remove any traces of HTTPS unless you have hardcoded anything else to specifically use HTTPS URLs (e.g. in a phrase).

Regards

David Newman